Tuesday, March 15, 2011

True Love.....

It’s been a while since my last blog. Between traveling, reports, meetings and trying to catch up with family and friends I have stayed extremely busy!
Like one of the other 15 million viewers watching the finale of a show I have been enjoying for many Monday nights….the Bachelor!
Now I am normally not a huge fan of the Bachelor, in the lifespan of this show I have really only watched and enjoyed less than a handful of seasons.  What can I say though; Brad won my heart from the beginning with his sweet smile and genuineness in wanting to find true love his second time around on this show.  And Emily she stole the hearts of America the very first time she told the heart wrenching story of her past. 
Needless to say I was elated last night when for the first time, the person I wanted to be chosen on the Bachelor was! And I truly was moved, like so many other women in America, by their beautiful engagement on national television.  It wasn’t until the After the Final Rose Ceremony when Brad and Emily discussed their difficulties over the past few months with breakups that I realized even the fairytales aren’t always as perfect as they seem.  It takes guts to admit your flaws on TV with millions watching, but they did.  And their open honesty helped me to realize that what I’ve known all along is definitely true, no relationship can be perfect no matter how meant for each other you are.
Thank you Brad and Emily.        

“Love isn't finding a perfect person. It's seeing an imperfect person perfectly.”
-          Sam Keen


1 comment: